• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader XI installation certificate expired (Mac)

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The package signing certificate for the last Adobe Reader XI full installer, 11.0.10, and all subsequent updates expired on Feb. 21, 2017.

Adobe Rep, if you are reading this, please re-issue these packages with a valid certificate so they can be installed and deployed.

I know you want us to move to DC, and if I can have until this summer, I will.

Aside from my wish, your EOL matrix states Reader XI will have core support until Oct. 15, 2017.  As such, my university has planned for that and thus we planned the transition to happen over the summer.  EOL Matrix: https://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/eol/eol_matrix.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

I just found the solution.

Signing up for re-distribution and accessing the special portal for those users, I see that Adobe has indeed re-released the 11.0.10 update with a new certificate.

I have downloaded that and can almost guarantee that will work.

Trying it now.

I can only assume this isn't available to the public as they are trying to push people to DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kanadaj,

Please refer the steps provided in this help document: Mac package certificate has expired for Adobe Acrobat or Reader

Let us know if you need any queries.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Is Reader XI 11.0.19 a full update then?  It seems not to be.

Reader XI 11.0.10 is failing for me due to the certificate, then 11.0.19 fails to install as there is no existing Reader XI installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meenakshin83966505​ Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kanadaj,

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please try to install the base version from here ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/

Then try to update the latest patch from the link provided in the first reply.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the solution.

Signing up for re-distribution and accessing the special portal for those users, I see that Adobe has indeed re-released the 11.0.10 update with a new certificate.

I have downloaded that and can almost guarantee that will work.

Trying it now.

I can only assume this isn't available to the public as they are trying to push people to DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that's all I needed.  Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meenakshin83966505​​ You're welcome.  And thank you for the help.

FYI, The version on the ftp site is still the one with the expired certificates.

That's why I've had so much trouble because that's where I would have expected to find a fix.

I didn't even realize Reader needed a re-distribution license or had it's own site until this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

meenakshin83966505​ Well, now that I have Reader XI figured out, I have moved on to DC and am trying to use the Classic track.

The re-distribution portal (get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise) only has the Continuous installer available for download.

I went to the ftp site and got the base installer for Classic (15.006.30060) and guess what?  It has the same certificate issue as 11.0.10.

Is there an updated BASE for the Classic track that doesn't have a certificate issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines