2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 4:26 PM by Kevin-Monahan

FPS not constant

leinad777

Hello guys,

I am new to After Effect(2 weeks) and I had a little bit of an issue with rendering videos. I read most of the topics from the forum, but none of them worked for me.

So the issue is that I have a AE template, I made some changes to it(replaced default images with my own), I exported the video, but it doesn't play smooth as I want in VLC or any other video player. The composition settings are the following: 1920X1080, 29.97 framerate, drop rate. I have tried the following so far:

1.Exported the video from the render queue as a .mov with jpeg-image format 95 quality, 29.97 drop rate -> output video is playing in 15-22 fps

2.Exported the video from the render queue as a .mov with jpeg-image format 95 quality, 29.97 no drop rate -> output video is playing in 15-22 fps

3.Exported the video from the render queue as a .avi with 29.97 fps, I think is playing with 10 fps.

4.Exported the video from the render queue as .mov with 60 fps and changed the frame limit accordingly (35 sec * 60 fps = 2100 frames) -> this worked the best until now, it has 45-60 fps, but sometimes when the fps drops from 60 to 45 is stuttering an the video is ruined.

5.Exported the video via the Adobe Media Encoder using H.264 codec, with high bitrate, using the composition fps, made multiple experiments, with 30 and 60 fps, the video still skips some frames which are ruining the video

6. Also tried different codecs in AME just for testing, none of them worked.PS: I am using Adobe 2015 and I think the templates were created in CS4, but not really sure if that should affects anything as the project is being converted at the beginning. Also, I have rendered another template, using the avi format directly from the render queue at 29.97 and that 13 secs video is playing smooth. The same settings do not work on the 35 sec video. Might be that the video is too long?Maybe this template I am working on is buggy? I am really stuck and I really tried to do something before dropping a random question on the forum