• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the 25.0.0.127 Flash MSI Update for enterprises?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the .MSI Flash updates have been moved?  I cannot find them in any of the older locations.  Typically, I would be able to download the ActiveX, NPAPI, and PPAPI updates to package for deployment.

We are licensed to deploy the updates but the links I would use for downloading keep sending me to a page telling me to get licensed.  I log into my Adobe account and still the page has no info on downloading the updates; the page points me to licensing information again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Hi willo38174285

I received your PM.  Thank you.  The link you were using was last sent out about a year ago.  Flash Player licenses are valid for one year, so it seems you've reached the expiration of the license.  Please apply for a new license at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe​.  Most requests are processed fairly quickly, but can take up to 2-3 business days to process. If you don't receive a reply within 3 days, private message me again (include a link to this topic) and I'll follo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering the same thing. My link only shows the older version on there. Flash Player 24.0.0.221.

Oh, and i have to re-register every month to download the MSI for my enterprise environment. it's super frustrating and a pain.

I've registered every month for the past 6 months. Waste of time, thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tomd85291755

Flash Player distribution license is valid for one year.  There is no need to apply/register every month. What leads you to believe you need to register every month?

I've logged into the distribution page and see the new links. Private message me the link(s) you are using that are still showing the previous version.  To send a private message, click on my username link and the on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent a PM to you as well m_vargas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomd85291755

Thank you for PMing me the link. You're accessing the distribution page via a localized page and it appears the links have not been updated on that page (the version number has, but not the links).  I'll escalate this and reply when the links have been updated.

As a work-around, you can change the region at the bottom-right of the page to United States and it have the correct links.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@willo38174285

Please private message me the link(s) you normally use.  It's possible you're using the old decommissioned links.  To send a private message, click on my username link and the on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, m_vargas.  I have sent a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi willo38174285

I received your PM.  Thank you.  The link you were using was last sent out about a year ago.  Flash Player licenses are valid for one year, so it seems you've reached the expiration of the license.  Please apply for a new license at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe​.  Most requests are processed fairly quickly, but can take up to 2-3 business days to process. If you don't receive a reply within 3 days, private message me again (include a link to this topic) and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Maria. Just to be safe, I already reapplied for a license earlier today.  Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues, I've sent you a PM. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Please let me know once the links have been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomd85291755

It's possible this is a caching issue.  I accessed you're localized page using a different browser and the new links are there.  I then cleared the browser cache on the browser I reproduced the issue and the new links are there.  Please try clearing the browser cache/cookies and let me know if that worked.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

The links are there, but they point to version 24 and not 25.    

Thanks, Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've applied to distribute the MSI several times and have not received any replies.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bretth69199092 ,

Please message me the Adobe ID/email address used to apply for the distribution license.  To send a private message, click on my user name link, then on the 'Message' button link.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been experiencing problems with downloading the MSI for Flash and Adobe Reader DC for a long time now and quite frankly it is not only extremely frustrating, but absolutely ridiculous that such a large organisation cannot even provide a simple static webpage where the msi packages can be found.

Your process is so convoluted it is beyond belief!! The situation is so bad, that we have been putting off updates for Adobe. Hopefully as time moves on and flash becomes redundant, we will no longer face this issue.

I too had to create a special web link for the MSI download page and once again!!! We are having the same problems. Keeps telling us to sign up. Come on Adobe sort this mess out.. and yes even if our license agreement has expired, it should be clearly stated on your portal when we login or should send us an email prior to expiry.

We are extremely frustrated by this and need a resolve ASAP! You are making us look incompetent as administrators!

Regards,

Shaz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I too had to create a special web link for the MSI download page..." 

If you're being prompted to apply for a license the Adobe ID/email address you are using is not associated with a current/valid distribution license.  When was the last time you applied for a distribution license?  Please private message me the URL you are using to access the distribution page.  To send a private message, click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholeheartedly agree. This adds unnecessarily to our workload. What would be helpful is some notification of when our distribution license is about to expire, so that we can at least be aware of when we should re-apply.

Other companies are able to email updated links to updated versions, perhaps this could be done whilst our licenses are valid, I see lots of people complaining and the same old answer. The very fact that Adobe continue to not provide an easily accessible MSI without going through this annual convoluted process is beyond me.

Adobe have not given an explanation as to why they don't allow direct access to MSI files like everyone else (because they're so big they probably feel they don't have to), just a generic answer aboutapplying for a distribution license. I can assure you, it's a big hindrance to some of our overstretched educational IT departments here in the UK, and if we need to quickly patch something with a bug, or even a zero-day exploit like the flash one earlier this year, this doesn't help either.

For those who have a full creative suite site license - could MSI availability not be linked to this in some way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What would be helpful is some notification of when our distribution license is about to expire, so that we can at least be aware of when we should re-apply.

To my understanding, a notification is sent out, however, I have contacted the licensing team to confirm and am waiting to hear back from them.

Adobe have not given an explanation as to why they don't allow direct access to MSI files like everyone else (because they're so big they probably feel they don't have to), just a generic answer aboutapplying for a distribution license.

The page used to be open to all and stated that the links were only for users with valid distribution license.  Unfortunately, this was being egregiously abused, resulting in the current implementation.

For those who have a full creative suite site license - could MSI availability not be linked to this in some way?

Flash Player is completely separate from Creative Suite, thus a CS license will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines