• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show more color differentiation on Ray Traced extruded type

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to see more color differentiation between the top face of the  and bottoms of type. Have played with settings but not much success.

AE CC2017 14.0.1.5

mac 10.10.5

Seems to be very slow Is 3D Invigorator faster and will that work on AE type?

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.46.57 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

There's lots of ways to approach the design problem you face, but one light and a plain text layer isn't going to cut it.

You should probably be using the C4D renderer. It's faster and does a better job.

You control the look by adding more than one light. I usually add ambient light at about 20% of 30%. Then it's just a matter of positioning, intensity and light color. The spectral, diffuse and reflection properties also have a lot to do with the look. Just as in real life, you have to know how t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's lots of ways to approach the design problem you face, but one light and a plain text layer isn't going to cut it.

You should probably be using the C4D renderer. It's faster and does a better job.

You control the look by adding more than one light. I usually add ambient light at about 20% of 30%. Then it's just a matter of positioning, intensity and light color. The spectral, diffuse and reflection properties also have a lot to do with the look. Just as in real life, you have to know how to position and adjust light to achieve the effect you want.

You could also add a stroke to your text then convert the text to a shape layer. Unless you are using text animators that would probably be the approach I would take to make the extruded edges a different color than the face and back of the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Will add an extra ambient light. I also moved the light up a little higher  above as where the sun or a ceiling light would be and started getting better results. Yes the C4d renderer is much better, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines