2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2017 11:46 AM by juliel96058674

Palette window buttons are unresponsive when launched using BridgeTalk

juliel96058674 Level 1

I have come across several instances in Windows Photoshop CC 2015 when the palette buttons are unresponsive. The purpose of the palette in this case is to stall the application until a bat script completes while still giving the user the option to "cancel" if necessary.

I haven't had any success creating the palette window with and without BridgeTalk(). It almost seems like there is a ScriptUI parenting issue since the entire panel appears to be disabled. Please let me know if anyone has come across this issue or if there's a known workaround. Thanks!

Here's an example:

Ex)

function WinObject() {

var windowResource = "palette { orientation: 'column', alignChildren: ['fill', 'top'], preferredSize:[300, 130], text: 'ScriptUI Window - palette', margins:15,            bottomGroup: Group{cancelButton: Button { text: 'Cancel', properties:{name:'cancel'}, size: [120,24]}}    }";

var win = new Window(windowResource);

win.bottomGroup.cancelButton.onClick = function() {

scriptRunning = false;

win.close()

};

var scriptRunning = true;

win.show();

while (scriptRunning)

{

app.refresh();

}

win.close();

};

var message = WinObject.toString() + "\nnew WinObject();";

var bt = new BridgeTalk();

bt.target = "photoshop";

bt.body = message;

bt.onResult = function(obj)

{

alert("RECEIVE ON RESULT");

}

bt.send(5);

• 1. Re: Palette window buttons are unresponsive when launched using BridgeTalk
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You usually only need to wait for a Bat file to complete when you need to use what the bat file or executable creates. What I do is  set some up to something I can test for in the script the indicates that process has completed.  I loop the script looking for the signal  Then put out an alert Thes process did not complete yet. This Alert paused the script. When the user dismisses the alert I test again. It the signal has happened during the alert I continue else I abort.

StartPgm(path,program,options,pbmName);                                           // Create eps file

app.refresh();                                                                                          // slow down Photoshop with a refresh

for (var i=0;i<100000;i++) { if (!testeps.exists) break; }                          // wait a short time before forcing a pause

if (!testeps.exists) {alert('File "' + testeps + '" was not cteated yet'); }    // force a pause

if (!testeps.exists) {alert('File "' + testeps + '" was not cteated'); return;}

• 2. Re: Palette window buttons are unresponsive when launched using BridgeTalk
            juliel96058674 Level 1

yes, I suppose that's a valid workaround. I was really hoping to get this to work with the palette in order to give the user more control.