2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 1:17 PM by Colin Holgate

An issue with motion tweening

arturs73452037

Sorry, I probably ask too much questions, hope they won't ban me I'm trying to do motion tween with my png right now, and it just doesn't work. First off I convert it to a graphic symbol, then I add key frames and adjust the positions on both keyframes. Then I click "create motion tween", but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

• 1. Re: An issue with motion tweening
          ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Motion tweens have always been, to me at least, an unintuitive pain in the arse to work with. That's why I use Classic tweens instead.

• 2. Re: An issue with motion tweening
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Create motion tween takes the previous keyframe, makes it a symbol if need be, and then applies the motion tween. It isn't like Classic Tween, which will use the keyframe before and after where you click.

So, what you should have done is start with the PNG on one frame, right-click and select Create Motion Tween. The PNG will be made into a symbol, and some number of extra frames are added to the timeline. Then you would go to any of those frames and you would move the symbol on the stage to the position you want it to be.

1 person found this helpful