• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize horiztonal menu in fixed width?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a horizontal menu widget on my master page in my fixed width layout and it does not scale as the width of the browser is narrowed. Resize is not selectable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Your first posting was not really clear. For me, this meant, you have an adaptive, fixed width site and you are wondering, why your menu won’t scale, when you scale the browser window.

If you have fixed width pages with multiple fixed width breakpoints, your menu should adapt its width automatically, if it is set to "Responsive Width" and "Uniform Size" (not "Uniform Spacing").

This is true for accordions too.

The "Resize" option is greyed out, if you menu is set to "Uniform Spacing". This isn’t im

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it, if your layout is fixed width?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to jump to the next layout as the browser is reduced. The menu extends to the right past the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you reduce the browser width, shouldn't it activate the next layout as it comes into pixel range? Why isn't the resize option available when the menu widget is selected on a horizontal menu on a master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again:Why should it?

If you have multiple fixed width breakpoints, you have to resize your menu manually breakpointwise to match the width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why shouldn't it scale? Other things do? Same thing with other widgets, like accordions, which become a breakpoint nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your first posting was not really clear. For me, this meant, you have an adaptive, fixed width site and you are wondering, why your menu won’t scale, when you scale the browser window.

If you have fixed width pages with multiple fixed width breakpoints, your menu should adapt its width automatically, if it is set to "Responsive Width" and "Uniform Size" (not "Uniform Spacing").

This is true for accordions too.

The "Resize" option is greyed out, if you menu is set to "Uniform Spacing". This isn’t implemented yet. ( I am not sure if it will be implemented. Perhaps actual browsers don’t support this feature, because it requires heavy(!) calculation power.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines