4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 7:21 PM by helmutd73462249

Video plays but no audio

helmutd73462249

i have a problem with importing video to Indesign. I have the video file load to the screen but the audio doesn't ply. I use the media window to find the file and then size the window on the page and the video file loads but there is no audio. Its MP4. It plays correctly in the other Adobe products like Premier Pro and Audition but not in Indesign. Not sure what i am not doing right.

• 1. Re: Video plays but no audio
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Doesn’t play where? EPUB? PDF? Publish Online?

• 2. Re: Video plays but no audio
            helmutd73462249 Level 1

Im quite new to this so please my ignorance but it won't play the audio when in the media window. It will load to my Indesign page that I'm working on.Ive tried it with Interactive for PDF and essentials.So its not playing for me on the screen while I'm working with the material.I have tried other video clips and it works though this particular one i have embedded a different audio track using Cubase and have exported it as mp4 but for some reason it doesn't like it. This same clip with the altered audio track will play in quick time and the other adobe products i mentioned but it won't play the audio in Indesign. Like i said if i import a video clip i haven't altered into Indesign it works.Just don't know why the altered clip won't work in Indesign when it does in the other adobe products.Im not sure if i have answered your question properly.

• 3. Re: Video plays but no audio
              helmutd73462249 Level 1

Also that same altered video clip works in iBooks author. Im just trying to evaluating this Adobe product to see if i can use it to publish ebooks that have video and audio for both mac and windows based clients

• 4. Re: Video plays but no audio
                helmutd73462249 Level 1

After trying many different things over the last two days i managed to get it working by opening up the file in Quicktime and exporting it as a Quicktime movie.Thanks anyway for your help.