All depends on how complicated (labor intensive) is your project. AE is a beast that can eat as much as you will give it to it, But please check:
- how much ram AE see your AE(edit/preferences/memory)\
- do you have any big images/photos used inyour project
- when you are rendering check how much ram/procesor is being used- do you use ray tracing for any 3D text/layers
- do you use any large not compressed video files (and for example have those files on the same hdd that you are rendering/exporting to)
- do you use add to render queue or add to AME render queue for rendering
And the most importtant question - what do you mean buy saying slow - i mean ... how complicated is your project and how much it takes to render?
Thank you for the reply.
I'm not using any image or video, just shapes. It's going slow when I press to preview and it renders the part selected... I'm waiting around 2 minutes to preview 5 seconds of the clip.
I'll check if it is using the ram at its fullest.
Is your composition set to anything other than Classic Renderer?
Did you ever solve this performance issue? Let us know if you still need assistance.