• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Case of Not Being Able to Install Add-Ons

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I'm not the only one dealing with this, but none of the existing posts I found actually show a resolve!

I'm trying to install the Snap SVG Add-On for Animate CC 2017. ( https://creative.adobe.com/addons/patches/26811#.WMjGsBIrISQ  )

Acquired and installed, but my CC Activity Stream is not receiving notifications.

Here's what I've already tried:

1) Checked to make sure I was logged in, and sync settings are enabled.

2) Uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled.

3) Tried downloading the .zxp file to install using Extension Manager (even though it's supposed to be obsolete). This resulted with two outcomes:
          - "Cannot find required data from database"
          - "Failed to install com.example.SnapPlatform. Please make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid... blah blah blah"

- You can see the actual errors here: Cannot Install · Issue #98 · cjgammon/SnapSVG-Animator · GitHub      ...(Note that I closed the issue because it seems it's not the Add-On that's faulty... see #5 below)

4) Attempted this: Add-ons not showing up in CC Activity stream after installing , but could not generate a log because 'ExManLog.YES' resulted in an error: "does not exist"

5) Also tried to install a "Featured" Add-On for Photoshop just to make sure it wasn't the Snap SVG Add-On that was faulty.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

The Extension Manager from Adobe is depreciated since CC 2015.

Use ZXPInstaller to install .zxp files.

(I'm not the developer. If this also doesn't work contact the developer gammon@adobe.com)

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Extension Manager from Adobe is depreciated since CC 2015.

Use ZXPInstaller to install .zxp files.

(I'm not the developer. If this also doesn't work contact the developer gammon@adobe.com)

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, tomzag, that totally worked!

Also, for anybody else who uses this solution: OSX version, the developer is unidentified, so you will need to open System Preferences >> Security & Privacy. In the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section, you will need to click on the "Open Anyway" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try this, as I'm having the same issue. It's frustrating that Adobe can't resolve this issue and we have to rely on 3rd party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines