• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Flash Professional cs6 keep crashing every time I try to import jpeg into flash?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Flash Professional cs6 keep crashing every time I try to open the import menu to import a jpeg into flash?
Every time I import a jpeg into flash it simply either freezes until I force quite it, or it just crashes with no error message. I do realize cs6 is not the current version (animate cc is) but I was wondering if there is a patch or something that I can download for flash cs6 or something. I have never had any problems with flash before, however this is the first time I have used this version since I purchased it back in 2013. Please help, I have looked everywhere for an answer but could not find one.

And to be clear, it crashes every time I try to either OPEN "import to stage" and "import to library".

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it crash for any image, or one in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not even get to the image selection part. Once I click the import to ( whatever ) a loading bar pops up, it loads and then it crashes before I can even get to the menu to select an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that in those days to speed up launch time the importers were not loaded until you actually did an import. It could be that one of the importers is corrupt.

You can download a fresh installer here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

If you need to get your serial number it should be in this page:

Adobe ID 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to uninstall Flash before I do that? Because I just did what you said to do and it did not work. However, under the "date created" and "date last modified" for the flash application, it still said the original date I installed it back in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the installer disk comes with an uninstaller, which I would do before installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try recreating preferences and see if that helps?

Re-create preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines