5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 7:19 AM by Sahil.Chawla

Lightroom Freezes During Imort

mitchellc98@yahoo.com

I have Lightroom 5 (Windows 7) and it worked great until a few weeks ago when it started freezing when I try to import files.  The import window does not appear and the program freezes and will not do anything and has to be closed.  The pictures already uploaded on the program can be manipulated as usual.   I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and updating but nothing seems to work.  I have seen this problem mentioned in the forums but no definite solution.  Unplugging other items in the usb port doesn't work.

Please advise,

C. Mitchell

• 1. Re: Lightroom Freezes During Imort
          Sahil.Chawla Adobe Employee

Hi Mitchell,

May I know where are your images located?

Did you try creating a new catalog?

Regards,

Sahil

• 2. Re: Lightroom Freezes During Imort
            mitchellc98@yahoo.com Level 1

Thanks for your response.

I'm trying to import the pics from my sd card through my card reader same as I've always done.

No, I didn't try creating a new catalog.

Calvin M.

[Moderator Note: When replying via email, it's best to delete the original message from the reply]

• 3. Re: Lightroom Freezes During Imort

I was introduced to Lightroom in a photography class as the best program for photographers.  I have used Lightroom seven or eight years and even stayed with you when I bought a new camera and found out you didn't support my camera with my operating system causing me to have to purchase a new pc.  My expectation, due to the reputation and price of your product is that you provide me with a solution to an obvious flaw in your product.  Or failing that, provide me with a similar product that does work.

I have downloaded a trial version of a competitor's program due to having to process pictures in a time crunch.  My preference is to stay with my familiar Lightroom program but if you won't provide customer support rather than throwing my problem to the forum you may lose me as a customer.

[Moderator Note: Personal information removed]

• 4. Re: Lightroom Freezes During Imort

It has become apparent to me that Adobe doesn't care to support their products.  I have tried for weeks to resolve a problem with Lightroom 5 freezing when I try to import pictures from an sd card.  Basically they referred me to this forum.  Why don't they have

a solution they can give me as I see many others have had this problem in the past.  I have used Lightroom for almost ten years

but will now use another company's program due to the lack of response to my problem and the fact that they don't care.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Former customer

• 5. Re: Lightroom Freezes During Imort
                  Sahil.Chawla Adobe Employee

Could you please try creating a new catalog for testing purpose and import a few images into it and please let me know if it works.