Hi I'm nearly finished the Great American West tutorial and am trying to create a vector shape but it is not allowing me to create a custom shape and keeps coming up with the error 'could not use the custom shape tool as no layers are selected' however in the tutorial no layers are selected when he creates the custom shape. What am I doing wrong?
I have no idea what the Great American West tutorial is.
However - the basic steps to create a Custom shape are:
1. Select the pen tool and in the options bar set it to Path:
2. Draw the outline of your shape
3. Go to menu Edit - Define Custom Shape and in the dialogue name the shape
To use it:
1. select the custom shape tool
2. In the options bar -pick the shape
3. Set the fill colour and stroke
4. Click in the image and position the shape
That is it - the shape will be on a new layer