1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2017 8:40 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

How to upload a .pdf file as a link using adobe acrobat?

yoyoi43326223

Hello!

I've been trying to find a tutorial but it hasn't been easy to find something that's actually in a basic language lol.

What I'd like to do is to upload a pdf file as a web link (for example, the files you find on google when you search for a specific pdf file) so I can post the links on a website, and when people click on them, the pdf file will pop up in another tab.

I'd really appreciate if you guys make it as easy as you can because I'm new to this and I don't know that much about html or adobe acrobat.

Thank you

• 1. Re: How to upload a .pdf file as a link using adobe acrobat?
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

Just store your PDF file on your web site and then link to it. There is nothing special about PDF files. You use the same methods as you would for HTML, JPG or MOV files (or any other type of file for that matter).

When you have a web site, chances are that you have a cpanel tool to configure the site. In cpanel,  select the Filemanager tool, then select to show the web root, potentially create a folder and upload your PDF file.

Again, this has nothing to do with the PDF format, and you very likely will be able to get tutorials and documentation from your web hosting provider.