1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 3:55 PM by ManiacJoe

Lightroom Presets not uploading.

jaime-m-s

I am really frustrated and not really getting the answers i need.I am new to lightroom. I downloaded a free trial last month on my other computer, just to try it before purchasing it. I didn't really try anything out. I watched all the tutorials and looked around to get comfortable, but knowing I was getting a new computer, I didn't want to go too much into anything on a computer I wasn't keeping. Once my new computer come I downloaded Lightroom. It offered another free trial. I thought why not. (probably because I am now using my photography email as the new computer is only for my photography only). When I tried to upload my presets (yes I extracted them from the zip file), it wouldn't let me do anything. It wont let me right click. I also tried manually and the area is all grayed out so I can't use it. So I went back to the adobe site to purchase the product. I have purchased it under the $9.99 / month. Now that I have purchased it, I still can't upload my presets. I thought maybe I had to re install lightroom so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. and still...can't use the preset module. I am anxious to get started but have been at a halt since Thursday. Can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong??? Is the free trial still running in the background even though I have purchased it on a monthly basis? I am super frustrated and not sure if the free trial is even the initial problem or not. And if it is the problem...how do I get rid of the trial and just go from the purchase?? I just want to upload the presets I have purchased and start using them.  Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Lightroom Presets not uploading.
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

If the preset importer is not working for you, try doing it by hand.

In the LR Preferences dialog, you will find where the presets are getting stored.

Using a file browser, go to that location.

Under the appropriate preset type, create a new folder to hold your new presets

If your new presets are in a zip file, unzip them.

Copy the *.LrTemplate files to the new folder you created.

This is the way I normally do it because I keep forgetting that there is a preset import dialog.