• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets do not work when copied via folder?

Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, I'm having difficulties with getting my presets to display.

I placed them into the following location:

Lightroom > Develop Presets > User Presets

I copied a folder of presets into this location and they are not available in LR CC 2015, even after rebooting. The only way I'm able to get the presets to display is to drag them out of the folder and just dump them into the User Presets folder.

1. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

2. If you can not organize them by folder, how do you organize them in LR?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Place the folder in the main path. Lightroom/Develop Preset/YourFolderName.

That is the way it works on my Win 7 system. Anything placed in the User Preset folder has to be just the Preset .lrtemplate file, no folders allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the folder in the main path. Lightroom/Develop Preset/YourFolderName.

That is the way it works on my Win 7 system. Anything placed in the User Preset folder has to be just the Preset .lrtemplate file, no folders allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset handling of LR does not correctly handle nested folders.

You can add your own folders, but they must be a child of the "develop preset" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to both correct replies above-

The Presets and their folders, sort alphabetically and numbers come before letters, so you can name the folders with a number prefix, or name the folder with a letter before 'L' to have the folders appear above the default "Lightroom" presets folders.

With your own presets in the "User Presets" folder it always shows below most others making scrolling to the bottom somewhat annoying.

I have numbered folders and a "All My Presets" folder.

ScreenShot167.jpg

?? not sure why 'onOne' appears below 'PresetBase' in this screen-clip. Until I renamed it 'ONONE' and restarted Lr.

ScreenShot168.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines