• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross OS Multi Machine Rendering

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to setup multi-machine rendering in my office. I've watched some tutorials from a few different websites where they use both Mac's and PC's to do the job but when I've tried it myself it won't work. The other machines will pick up the project, import it and then it just disappears. Have anyone experienced similar issues or knows what might cause it. One PC is the main computer that the project is running on but in all the tutorials I've watched they've used a Mac as the main computer. Can that be the reason? Another idea I had was to setup the watch folder on a NAS instead of the main computer but I don't know whether that might slow everything down.

Let me know your thoughts or if anyone has an idea about these issues. I don't get an error which doesn't make it easy for me to figure it out.

Cheers!

(Also I'm running the most current versions of After Effects and the render engine.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Solved it! Turned out a plugin was causing the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it! Turned out a plugin was causing the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

I have the same issue, I'm trying to setup a multi machine network, and here is the issue:

I have both mac and PC. I've read somme tutos and it works fine from PC to PC or PC to Mac. It pops like you from Mac to PC. The studio is equipped with IMac for after effect master, and 3 pc for rendering.

Any idea?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines