• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Mail

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a mare of a time for the past three weeks! I receive all emails to my work address, but can't send anything. I've had numerous conversations with Apple to try and sort it out, however it is clear that there is nothing wrong with Mail as I have two other accounts on there that work perfectly. I've sent screen shots to Adobe to find out if for some reason there is a mistake in my settings (although I've changed no settings in years and this has only been an issue for the past few weeks) and was told that my settings are fine and that the issue is with Mail. I'm being juggled between the two, however I'm paying for Business Catalyst so I would like now to have my money's worth and have the issue sorted asap. I'm currently sending all my work email via my personal email which is completely confusing and unprofessional.

Ideally I would like a representative to contact me so that this can be put right, however I'm also more than happy to take advise from someone in the BC community who can help!!

Thanks,

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan.

Email issues to do with sending are usually due to your ISP blocking your SMTP address/port.

Have you been directed to these sending troubleshooting steps:

Troubleshooting: Cannot send emails

This usually clears up any problems I've had with my clients.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Thanks for responding. I've checked all those settings before, and repeated them now too. Still no change.

Regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so have you now got your ISP's mail server address set as your SMTP outgoing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

My current settings are all as per this link:

Set up email on Apple Mail (Mac OS X)

However, the only difference I can see is that I am on Mac Sierra 10.12.3 rather than Yosemite, however there is no link on here for Sierra.

Regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

The troubleshooting docs say that if you are still being blocked after trying the additional port numbers then your ISP is likely blocking them all so you need to use your ISP's outgoing mail settings.

You can usually Google for this info, or look up your ISP's help docs or contact them for this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Having spent hours on the phone with both Adobe and Apple, as well as many hours following troubleshooting online tests, I have finally managed to work out what the problem is!

During a conversation with my ISP I tried sending an email using my 4G phone hotspot. The email sent and was received instantly. It turns out that there may be an issue with the router that I have because it hasn't been updated in a few years!! A new one is being delivered and I will update accordingly.

In the meantime, thank you for all your help and advise!

Regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could send out on your 4G because that's a totally different connection and obviously the outgoing port you currently have setup isn't being blocked on that connection.

I've never heard of the modem/router being the cause of this issue - but we'll see what happens with you new one...

My guess is that your problem won't be solved, but it'd be very interesting to know if it does work.

Good luck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Just to let you know that I received my new router today. It solved the problem immediately!

What a learning curve that has been

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very interesting and good to know.

Glad it's all sorted for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines