• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Query Error

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has ever encountered this query error before and if so, could provide any further information into what might be causing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error casting an object of type java.lang.String cannot be cast to coldfusion.sql.QueryTable to an incompatible type. This usually indicates a programming error in Java, although it could also mean you have tried to use a foreign object in a different way than it was designed.
java.lang.String cannot be cast to coldfusion.sql.QueryTable
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, It would be virtually impossible for me to describe my exact template setups here without us all getting very confused. I believe I have narrowed it down though to a query of queries on a query object being passed to this CFC. I have just never seen this error before and cannot find anything over the Internet or these forums.

Any assistance would be great.

Many thanks,
Michael.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micheal,

QoQ's always tend to put a 'guess' kind of a datatype if you don't specify one..

Please go through these blogs..

http://www.bennadel.com/blog/568-Insane-ColdFusion-Query-Of-Queries-Madness-PLEASE-HELP-.htm
http://www.bennadel.com/blog/379-ColdFusion-Query-of-Queries-Unexpected-Data-Type-Conversion.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I see that error from time to time. It usually includes the template and line number so that I can troubleshoot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation