Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Backup Date

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run LR 6.9 on Windows 7.

I back up my catalog weekly but in my Catalog Settings panel the date of the last backup is shown sometime way back in December. The date of the last optimisation is correct i.e. a few days ago, even though both the backup and optimising were done together.

I have done a search on this and found it has been raised once previously. However the conclusion of the discussion is confusing. Can somebody explain what is going on please?

Jim Greenfield

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 8.45.04 AM.pngWhat you are seeing in the Catalog settings is the date the Catalog you are backing up was created.

By default the Catalog backups are saved in the location as displayed in the attached screen capture. However you can use the Choose Option to dictate where you wish the backups to be saved. This is advisable since you do not wish them to be stored in the same HDD as your Original Catalog.

When you go to do the next backup you should see the location where the previous backups were saved.Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 7.57.46 AM.png

The Backup Folder should look like this. sub-folders are created with the Date and Time as the name, the backup is inside.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks but that doesn't seem to clear this up. I should have said that the actual catalog back up files are there in the same folder as my previews, agprefs, lrcat  etc files. (I back them up to an external drive also). The catalog settings panel clearly says:

"Last backup - 5.12.16

Last optimised 16.3.17

Created 22.2.17"

Not sure why the latter is so recent as the catalog has been in existence for ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines