• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste Smart Object and its Animation to a Different PSD Document?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I downloaded a cool smart object of an Apple iPade moving back and forth and I want to copy and paste the smart object (the iPad) and all its layers as well as the animation of the iPad to a different PSD document I have set up already. In other words, I want to place the moving iPad in a different PSD document. Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi filmguy,

You can Copy and Paste the frames in the animation from the panel menu.

For more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-frame-animations.html#copy_frames_with_layer_proper...

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll try that. I have another question. I need to scale the size of the iPad down. The iPad has three layers. The actual iPad, the superimposed image of a website on the iPad screen, and a layer that looks like screen reflection. When I scale down all three layers and then push play on the animation timeline, everything is scaled down on the first frame, but then the superimposed website layer goes back to the original size for the rest of the frames while the iPad and reflection layer stay scaled down. How do I get the superimposed website layer to stay scaled down for the entire duration of the animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you scaling down the superimposed website layer on the first frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Maybe? Is there a way to scale down the superimposed website layer for all the frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please follow the steps mentioned below: -

1. Select the first frame on the timeline, then make a copy of the "superimposed website layer" and delete the original layer.

2. Then resize the copied layer (make sure that only first frame is highlighted on the timeline).

Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sahil. I used the Timeline panel to "Select All" key frames and then clicked "Copy", but when I go to the PSD document I want to paste the key frames to, "Edit>Paste" from the top menu is grayed out. Do I have to paste the key frames a different way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to make the copy of the "superimposed website layer" from the layers panel not the keyframes from timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. I'm starting over completely. Currently, I am creating this webpage image in Photoshop. The mobile phones that move above the guy's right hand are smart object animated mockups I downloaded for free and the light bulb man is a background image. I had to import the light bulb man into the mobile phone animated mockup document because that was the only way I could combine the two.

Here's my question. I need to know how to add a different smart object animated mockup (the floating iPads here) to my document of the light bulb man and the mobile phones animated smart object. I can't seem to just import the iPad animated mockup into my current document. Photoshop will only let me open the iPad mockup as a separate document. I want to have the animated iPads hovering up and down above the light bulb man's left hand.

Can you please help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines