• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot enable adobe flash player in google chrome

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following error when trying to enable Adobe Flash Player. It says that is installed but has been disabled. this is error i get when trying to go to chrome  plugins.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at chrome://plugins/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_INVALID_URL

Can you please advise on how to get around this. chrome: Version 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit)

Thanks,

Leonard C.

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Google removed the chrome://plugins settings page in the latest version of Chrome, which you have.  We are in the process of updating the 'enable Flash Player in Chrome' tech note to reflect these changes.

Please try the following:

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://settings/content
  2. Look for the Flash entry
  3. Either
    1. select Allow sites to run Flash which should enable Flash on all sites
    2. or select Manage exceptions... and manage Flash on a per-site basis by entering the individual site domain name and setting the entry to Allow.  Click Done when finished entering the individual sites.
  4. Click Done
  5. Relaunch Chrome
  6. Does Flash content display?

If the above doesn't work, try the following;

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://flags
  2. Search for Prefer HTML over Flash
  3. Select Enabled
  4. Relaunch Chrome
  5. Does Flash content display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came to this thread hoping for help, as I am having the same issue. However, I've found that, for some reason, changing this setting does nothing. Chrome will still consistently block Flash on all sites, even when I have set Chrome to always allow Flash and added the website's domain to the list of allowed sites. I have relaunched Chrome several times.

In addition, "chrome://flags" is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem for me intermittently for the last couple of months. It also messes with firefox and edge flashplayer. sometimes the whole page freezes when i try to play clips. sometimes only sound plays and clip pic freezes. sometimes clip plays with no sound and / or prompts to install flashplayer etc...

I thought the great suspender was messing with chrome but its for all 3 browsers. restarting sometimes helps but not always.

i'm using creators edition windows. drivers are as up to date as poss. using logitech g930 headset g700s mouse and logitech gaming software 8.92 when it works (though it screws up when flash screws up generally whether the sotware has been launched prior to flash failure or not...)

I'm happy to make a new thread about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google removed the chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash setting in the latest version.  The work-arounds available are no longer available.  The only information we have now, from Google is their support document Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help .

If you continue to have problems after working through Google's support document, please contact Google for assistance, as it is their browser, not Adobe, that is blocking Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see 'prefer html over flash' in the chrome://plugins/flags menu listings.... please advise.  I also have the same problem.... can't get adobe flash player to run in google chrome in facebook.     I have a macbook pro and am running the latest versions of flash player and google chrome.... have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome.     Still getting 'plug-in blocked' .      please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines