3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 6:15 AM by jasonamc

No Preview For Blur Gallery Filters

jasonamc

For some reason, when I try to use any filters under the blur gallery, I can't get a preview. I can adjust and apply the filters, but the preview itself is a black screen with the edit pins still visible. The preview box is checked. Can anyone think of something I might've overlooked?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: No Preview For Blur Gallery Filters
          jasonamc Level 1

Bump, still not resolved. Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

• 2. Re: No Preview For Blur Gallery Filters
            davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi Jason

I've not experienced the symptoms you describe. However the Blur Gallery does use the Graphics Processor, so I would try:

1. Alternative drawing modes in Preferences - Performance - Graphics Processor settings - Advanced.
            Try the Advanced , Normal and Basic settings and see if any make a difference.

You will need to restart after clicking OK to see the difference

2. Check your video driver is up to date (don't rely on Windows updates for this - go to the manufacturer site)

Dave

• 3. Re: No Preview For Blur Gallery Filters
              jasonamc Level 1

Thanks a ton Dave, that did the trick! I had to switch to basic mode to bring up the preview, which doesn't make a lot of sense to be only because I have a brand new mac with an i7 processor and Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB, plus 16 GB of memory. Maybe there's some kind of allocation limit/setting on my graphics processor, but at least now I know where to look.

Thanks again for the help, you're great and the issue is resolved!