• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask not taking up whole screen.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mask which is a 3d layer that i want to take up the  whole screen (with subtract setting) but it doesnt.door help.PNG I want the star simulation to only show behind the door, but as you can see the edges of the mask do not fill the entire screen and thus you can see the stars effect behind. How do i make it fill the rest of the screen without changing the size of the mask? thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely difficult to tell what you doing in your composition if you don't provide a screenshot of the whole interface with the modified properties of layers giving you trouble revealed.  Just select the layers and press the u key twice so we can see what's going on.  I could come up with about 100 different ways to get to the point do your screenshot shows.

I am guessing that you are using a particle effect that does not respect the mask.  This is pretty normal. If that is so then you need to either per-compose or duplicate the layer, turn off the particle effect on the top copy and use that as a track matte for your Starfield.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would second what Rick said - pre-compose before applying the mask.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JamesS,

Did you ever solve this issue? Did our experts' advice assist you? Let us know what happened.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines