5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 8:59 AM by Szalam

Allowed RAM Usage limited

demo_mode

Hi. I just discovered after getting that 2 "främaes preview error" and a very short RAM preview when it's working that After Effects it's limited to use only 1 GB of memory from the 32 GB i have. I tried many solutions found on forums, uninstalled the AVG antivirus but didn't manage to fix it.

Actually it's a problem since it reserve for other applications  0 RAM.

Anyone could help me with this?

Installed RAM: 31.88 GBCurrent RAM Usage: 0.81 GBAllowed RAM Usage: 1.00 GB

Process IDApplication NameMin Needed MemoryMax Usable MemoryMax Allowed MemoryCurrent MemoryCurrent Priority
      2132After Effects1.0031.881.000.811 - High

screen_1.jpg

• 1. Re: Allowed RAM Usage limited
          Gutter-Fish Level 4

What are the many suggested solutions you've tried?

• 2. Re: Allowed RAM Usage limited
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without exact system info and details about otehr running processes nobody can tell you much.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Allowed RAM Usage limited
              demo_mode Level 1

Hi.

So i have an 8 core, Intel i7-4770 @3.40GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2 SSD, one for the system 120 GB and one for work 500 GB.

the videocard is NVIDIA GeFOrce GTX 960.

Actually i realized this preview problem since i installed AE CC 2017, i don't remember having this problem before.

Of, i purged the memory and disk cache, i moved the cache folders on the bigger disk, i've uninstalled the antivirus (learning that it worked in a similar case posted on creativecow forum), i cleaned 20 GB on the system disk

I guess something is forcing AE to use just 1 GB. In Device Manager i don't have any conflict.

The Task Manager shows me this after a maximum RAM preview i can get. Obvious it doesn't use all the RAM i have.screen_2.jpg

i forgot to mention it's a Windows 10 system.

• 4. Re: Allowed RAM Usage limited
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Sounds odd, though I'm inclined to think that some driver is pigeonholing you into this situation. Just to test I would create a secondary user profile and see what the differences are. Also try booting up in safe mode. Disabling devices and CoDecs in the device manager and then re-enabling them may also help to track down the culprit.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Allowed RAM Usage limited
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have 0 GB of RAM reserved for other applications? That's going to cause lots of issues. AE even uses system resources outside of itself to do stuff. The recommended practice is to allocate about a quarter of your RAM to other applications.