• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Lightroom applications open

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access my catalog when LR says I have two applications open and have to close one application before I can access the other? I have re-booted twice, and closed all catalogs but nothing works! 979 photos I can't access! HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

When Lightroom is running, a lock file is present to prevent others from accessing the catalog. (LR is single user only) Normally, this file will be deleted when you close Lighroom, but if it doesn't close down properly because of a freeze or a power failure, it might not be deleted. You will then get an error message saying that the catalog is open in another application, and you can't launch LR.

Use Windows Explorer/Mac Finder  and go to to the folder  containing the Lightroom catalog, and dele

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom is running, a lock file is present to prevent others from accessing the catalog. (LR is single user only) Normally, this file will be deleted when you close Lighroom, but if it doesn't close down properly because of a freeze or a power failure, it might not be deleted. You will then get an error message saying that the catalog is open in another application, and you can't launch LR.

Use Windows Explorer/Mac Finder  and go to to the folder  containing the Lightroom catalog, and delete the file that ends with .lock

Do not delete anything else. Now launch Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank You so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines