• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet is cropped out by scene.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just started Character Animator and made my puppet following the guides and videos. However when I try to make a scene with my puppet, it seems to be cropped out and I can't see the whole head. I want to be able to use this for my twitch stream. I could really use the help. Thank you.problems.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Ha - I'll help as long as you promise to tell me when your animated chimichanga streams. Awesome puppet.

It looks like you may have removed the properties panel in this view - go to Workspace > Properties to get it back. Then click on the scene in your left project panel and on the right you'll see custom dimensions, framerate, all of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha - I'll help as long as you promise to tell me when your animated chimichanga streams. Awesome puppet.

It looks like you may have removed the properties panel in this view - go to Workspace > Properties to get it back. Then click on the scene in your left project panel and on the right you'll see custom dimensions, framerate, all of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oksamurai,

Thank you, the videos and the default puppet help tremendously. I had the properties panel undocked and on my second monitor. I have tried following the steps that the video "making your first character in animator" takes me through, however I feel like the problem may be with the photoshop file. I made mine 2,000 pixels/inches and the max I can go in the scene is Width 7,680 x 4,320px. I'm brand new to photoshop,  I usually use GIMP so learning these things usually takes a bit of tinkering for me. I've also tried messing around with the custom dimensions but still no luck. I still feel I could be missing something crucial here.

problems.png

Also one weird thing is that when I blink It makes my eyebrows disappear, haven't figured that one out either.

problems.png

Thanks for all the help samurai!

I'll let you know when the puppet is up! Hopefully it's not too much longer of a wait, as I'm super excited to add this puppet as an element to my stream!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photoshop file was too large for the Character Animator so i changed the dimensions and it's all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay cool, glad you figured out the size thing.

For the disappearing eyes, make sure your eyebrows are outside of your eye group. See this for a more detailed explanation of how the eyes work:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines