0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2008 7:59 AM by Geoff008

attachMovie slideshow?

Geoff008
      Ok. So, I'm basically a beginner with ActionScripting, and I asked for help a few days ago because I needed to set up something that would load a random still image into a parent movie clip. Someone named kglad gave me some good code to work from which I've attached here as CODE 1. The images are set in the 'linkage' as IMG 1-8.

The new thing I'm trying to do is to make it so that, every 10 seconds or so, the image changes to a new image. I actually just realized that the way I've been working on it (if it worked) would set it up to load a random image each time. It may be better to just cycle through the images in order.

Anyway, I've been reading a bunch of posts in these forums and sort of trying to Frankenstein some code together which I'm attaching as CODE 2. Try not to laugh too much. I'm not exactly sure if it's even cohesive within itself. I also realize that it probably has to loop back to the beginning, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that. Not surprisingly, it's not working.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, and/or explain where I'm going wrong with my own coding attempt, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks!