1. How are you importing from the phone, with a USB cable or an upload service over the network?
2. When you say you don't have the problem importing from an SD card, do you mean photos taken on the phone onto the SD card, or photos taken from some other camera on the SD card?
1. The import is through a regular USB cable directly from the phone
2. SD cards from my regular DSLR - so has nothing to do with the phone. Just wanted to clarify that it's a config or setting issue.
LR has long had issues with folder and file names containing dates when pics are imported via a USB cable. A couple things to try:
- Connect the phone with the USB cable but use Finder / File Explorer to copy the photos to your computer. Then import them into LR from there.
- Sync the photos to the cloud and then your computer with whatever applications you might have on your phone (e.g. Dropbox). Then import into LR from there.
Yeah, almost suspected something along these lines... when the cameras on our phones get much better, maybe Adobe will have an incentive to fix this...
when the cameras on our phones get much better, maybe Adobe will have an incentive to fix this...
Unfortunately, I think the trend is in the other direction -- most people sync their phone pics with the cloud, not via a cable. So I'm guessing this problem never gets fixed.