2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2008 9:23 PM by QWERTYtech

Creating website Header

QWERTYtech
      Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to flash and I have been playing around with this pregenerated FLASH header for a website and I'm a little lost. The creator of the package is Template Monster and they didn't give me any instructions on how to change the clickable items in the header so that I can point them to the right pages in my site. Can anyone help? Here is the Site Package I'm playing around with http://www.templatemonster.com/sampleView.php?type=997. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
      Matt
        • 1. Re: Creating website Header
          Noelbaland Level 1
          Hello,

Most of the templates at Monster Templates usually follow the same structure when it comes to customising the template. In your case, there should be a movieclip called menu. Inside menu will be the buttons (probably animated in the timeline). If you click on one button and then open the Actions button you should see the code that will allow you make changes to them. These templates sometimes still use the old actionscript method of applying code to movieclips using the onClipEvent handlers.

Find the menu movieclip and look at the code on the buttons.
          • 2. Re: Creating website Header
            QWERTYtech Level 1
            Thank you soooo much... this is exactly where it was.... I really appreciate it.