• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 - Problems with layers, can't edit anything.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on a project and come across a problem that never happened to me before. All layers suddently became uneditable, none of them are locked in any way, when I create a new layer I can freely edit it, unless I will select another layer and switch back to the previous one - that layer becomes uneditable too. Colour palette is completely gone, there's only 1 slider for black and white, which doesn't do anything. Using brush or any other tools can't be used, cursor acts like the layer is locked. Selected layer highlight is white, instead of blue. When I rightclick most of my options are disabled. What I found out it can be fixed when I move or open layer options, but once I deselect it I can't edit it again. The problem only exists on that project.

I belive the problem started when I duplicated few layers, moved them to another layer folder, then free transformed them to a smaller size.

Any sollutions what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Your screenshot had me fooled until I saw it was two documents

Look at the tab at the top of your document. It shows you have quick mask mode selected (where it says Szybka Maska).

Press Q on your keyboard to come out of it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system information and details about the document, including screenshots of the relevant sections. From your description it simply sounds like you have introduced some specific feature liek e.g. conditional blending in layer styles or a custom spot color channel and by their nature they will lock some features or else the appearance breaks down. Of course this could be anything else as well from botched smart obejcts to some data somewhere that you forgot about buried in a group...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not much more to say about this problem, I decided to go back onto the project to look around. I can draw now, but only with red colour that has different transparency if I change the colour with the colour picker of the previously mentioned "black and white slider".

The only right click options avaliable on those layers are: Blending Options, Duplicate layer, Delete layer, Convert to smart object, Merge visible, Flatten image, No color, Red, Orange, Yellow etc.

error.png

I also threw onto google drive the .psd file so you might find more information about the problem. Here's the link:

background.psd - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot had me fooled until I saw it was two documents

Look at the tab at the top of your document. It shows you have quick mask mode selected (where it says Szybka Maska).

Press Q on your keyboard to come out of it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such simple action, so many problems. Thanks for helping me out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are selected on the layer mask, not the layer itself, or perhaps you have only a single channel selected not the combined RGB channel. Can you take a screen capture of your layer panel you channel panel and share them here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines