• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Installs NOTHING.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall my Premier Pro CS4 because it just stopped working all of a sudden.  I cleaned the system using the Adobe Clean Utility, rebooted and all that stuff needed for a CLEAN install.  When I tried installing when the "install" completed it said "INSTALL FAILED".  I've done this like 20 times. After the 15th time I checked the drive which Premier was to be installed and the Premier and content "DIRECTORIES" were created but they were totally EMPTY.  There were NO files in the directories.  I am so frustrated and discussed I cleaned off Premier again.  I tried to install JUST OnLocation and Media Encoder and I get the same EMPTY results.  What the #@$% is going on?  I paid like $1100 for this software and I can't reinstall it..... Is there ANYONE out there that can HELP????  I understand it's an older version but I'm not about to get the new version if I can't even get CS4 working.

I am running Windows Optimum 7.

Thanks,

HSR2000

email: <Removed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

use the control panel to uninstall all the cs4 programs that show up as installed.

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer

retry installing using downloaded file or files copied from a disc to a desktop directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's windows optimum 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry it is Windows 7 Ultimate  4-GB Memory, 10-TB HD Storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the control panel to uninstall all the cs4 programs that show up as installed.

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer

retry installing using downloaded file or files copied from a disc to a desktop directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll do that again after I reformat and re-install Window.  Kinda starting all over.  If this doesn't work only thing left is to just put Premier in the garbage, and revert back to my Avid Liquid.  I'm hoping I don't have to do that.  I'll post the results.  Thanks again for your speedy response.  This is the fastest anyone from Adobe has ever responded.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you reformat and reinstall your os, you can skip directory to installing the cs4 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I should be able to just install directly from my disks?   Also, how do I find my purchase history on adobe website?  I want to thank you for your awesome help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may or may not be able to install from your discs.

to maximize your chances of success, copy and installation files to a desktop directory and install from that directory.  and install using compatibility mode win xp, sp3.

to see your purchase/registration history with adobe, check your account using the same adobe id used to purchase/register, https://www.adobe.com/account.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance but UNFORTUNATELY it didn't work.  In fact, my Illustrator error out with the message "License has expired" and wouldn't let me install.  Premiere did the same thing installing from desktop.  There wasn't any file in any of the directories it created.  I had to revert back to my original System Image to get my Illustrator working.  I wish Adobe would have mentioned someplace on their site when I purchased CS4 that there was a "Date-Bomb" on their software.  So, I am also reverting back to my original video editing software Pinnacle Liquid 7.  At least I KNOW that works.

Again, I want to thank you so much for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

but there's no date bomb.  if you install on a computer with a compatible os (eg, xp sp3), your software should work.

otoh, adobe doesn't update older versions to make them work with newer os'es.  and they don't support older software beyond maintaining files and servers needed by older versions of their programs (which is actually quite a lot of work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, I want you to know that I've tried everything under the sun and I cannot get Premiere CS4 to install.  This product CS4 was suppose to be compatible with Windows 7 per Adobe Rep when I purchased the product.  But either way, you have been extremely helpful but unfortunately nothing is working.  I just feel that I've been totally screwed by Adobe Corp. and would NEVER reccommend any of their products to anyone.  But I will tell them when they have difficuties with Adobe products to contact you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hal2011 I am sorry you are unable to install Premiere Pro CS4 and keep experience an error message indicating the License Has Expired.  Were you able to uninstall your CS4 applications and run the CC Cleaner Tool successfully per the instructions by Kglad in message #3 of this discussion?

I can confirm that your serial number for Premiere Pro CS4 for Windows is still valid and has activations.  Please make sure you are using the serial number registered under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.  For more details on how to locate your serial number see Find your serial number​.

Finally, Hal2011 if you are continuing to receive the message the license has expired then it is likely due to cached licensing files.  Following the steps provided by Kglad in message #3 will resolve the error but only if you run the uninstallers and the CC Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines