2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2017 6:25 AM by undercover1952

Macro to make several snapshots of different presets

undercover1952

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a macro in Lightroom CC to make several snapshots using several different presets automatically?

I made 4 presets that I would like to use to make 4 snapshots of each photo I develop. Instead of doing the same action 4 times for each photo I thought the macro idea would be good, just not sure how to pull it off.

Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

• 1. Re: Macro to make several snapshots of different presets
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, Macro actions are not possible, and Snapshots in the Develop module seem to be only done one-by-one.

But there might be a 'work-around' for you using Virtual Copies (not snapshots), if you want to apply the same presets to multiple photos-

1. Working in the Library module (after edits are finished), select all the photos you want to apply presets-

2. Press [ Ctrl+' ] to create Virtual copies of all these selected files, (Note: the selections are now the VCs)

3. In the Quick Develop Panel, select any Preset from the preset menu box.

4. Repeat Steps 2. and 3. to create as many VCs, each with a different preset, as you want (four? five? ten?)

VCs can later be stacked to tidy the grid view.

Edit:  To build each preset on the 'master developed' image you will need to re-select the 'Masters' as in Step 1.  otherwise each preset you apply is 'added' to the previously created VC with varying results!

• 2. Re: Macro to make several snapshots of different presets
            undercover1952 Level 1

Thanks for your quick response.

I don't know what others think on this issue, but I would like to see this type of macro included in the future.