1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2017 7:48 PM by wobertc

Lightroom opening in background  - Win 10

ricksolo13

Since the most recent update (2015.9) i have trouble opening lightroom - the first time i try and launch the program nothing happens but when i go to task manager i see that lightroom is open as a background process and it's using about 90% of CPU.  When i end the process and re-launch the program it works perfectly fine.  Interestingly Photoshop launches without a problem and if i launch photoshop first then Lightroom always opens without any hitch.  I feel like i'm missing something in the LIghtroom launch sequence.

Anyone offer any help - i'm not too desperate to correct this if it involves uninstalling and reinstalling - it's a little annoying but not a disaster.

Cheers

• 1. Re: Lightroom opening in background  - Win 10
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

To correct, try the following procedure-

1. End the process in task manager and re-open Lightroom , and then open the Task Manager. (CTRL+ALT+DELETE)

2. Set the Priority of Lightroom.exe to High (see 3 images below), close Task Manager.

3. Close Lightroom,

4. Restart the computer,

5. Reset the Preferences of Lightroom by holding [SHIFT+ALT] as you re-open Lightroom.

Hopefully this has solved the problem.

Image 1:          In Task Manager Right-Click on the App Adobe Photoshop Lightroom-

Image 2.          Select the option "Go to details"-

Image 3:          Right-Click on "Lightroom.exe"  to Set Priority to "High"