• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Blurry Stroke Edges?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just finished a brand new logo in Photoshop, and I decided to add a stroke to it, yet when I add it in, it looks fine, but why are the edges blurry? I added a picture so you can see what I mean.

2017-03-18 20_19_05-Untitled-1 @ 198% (Layer 1, RGB_8#) _.jpg

I tried sharpening the stroke, but it made the stroke worse for the edges. I tried to convert it to a shape and use a sharp stroke, but the layer is already rasterized, so that option is not available to me. I saw many may tutorials to fix this, but each time I followed along, nothing changes. If anyone has ANY CLUE how to fix this, please let me know. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to convert it to a shape and use a sharp stroke, but the layer is already rasterized, so that option is not available to me.

You may want to recreate the logo as vector data, as is generally advisable anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the double stroke that is causing me problems.  It's pretty easy top make the shape from the Type layer, and reduce the space between the letters like so:

Then go Type > Convert to Shape layer

Drag across the new shape layer with the Direct selection tool, and merge the shapes in the Options bar

and with the pen tool selected clean up extraneous points like the bottom of the N.

Now select the new shape layer and any of the Shape tools, and use the Options to create a square stroke.

I feel that it should be doable though.  The problem is that this sort of thing is so straight forward in Illustrator, so that's the way people usually go.  Let us know if you work it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing though, mine was originally typeface, but now it's just layers. And I can't convert them to shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like, at some point, you "rasterized" the text. This sometimes happens when you try to do something you normally wouldn't be able to do to text. Photoshop'll pop up a warning that few people actually read, they just push the OK to dismiss it - but that warning says that to do what you want, the text will have to be Rasterized. It's an error I see people making, often.

Otherwise, it's unlikely, but it's also a choice under the Type and Layer menus.

Here's the message I got when I tried the paintbrush tool on my type layer.

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 12.36.34 PM.jpeg

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines