Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all my photos are imorted

Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm new to LR and i have the below problem, i have an external HD with all my photos in folders and subfolders (year, street/portraits..) when i try to import the root folders (photography/all other subfolders) only some of my photos and folders are imported.

1. My settings are : Build preview / standard - Don't import suspected  Duplicates

Im in a mac book pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us any details about what the photos that are not imported have in common?

What file types are they?

Are the photos greyed out in the Import dialog box? Have you previously imported these photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it seams random LR is not importing the full folder from different format, but from the same formats is importing the full folder from others.

Formats:

.ARW

.cr2

This are not duplicates

What i did was to keep sync the folders and in the end seams that all photos are imported now, but still i'm not happy that i have to count all photos one by one and keep sync till all are in LR

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom only supports the formats listed here - Supported file formats in Lightroom

Also worth noting that the default behaviour in Lr is to treat JPEG shot at same time as raw files as sidecars with the result that the JPEGs will not be imported. You can work round this behaviour by configuring Lr preference as shown in below screenshot

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you i have no selected JPGs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines