• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop or Bridge renaming files

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the weirdest problem ever with Photoshop. At least I think it's a Photoshop problem, or maybe a Bridge problem. It's complicated to explain, but I'll try. When I move a folder into another folder, it moves the folder where I want it, but it names the folder with a photo number of another photo, and it changes the numbers of some of the photos within the folder. I will attach screen shots, but I don't even know if that will help. Has anyone had this problem before? I don't have a clue what to do or who to go to for help!! I'm on a Mac, Yosemite 10.10.5, using Photoshop CC. It has done this several times in the past, but not every time.

Here are some screenshots that might help explain what I'm trying to say.

In this screen shot, I dragged the folder called Hockey Banquet 2017, into a main folder, which all these other folders are in. As you can see, it did move the Hockey folder, but it also put this folder that it named _MG_3280.jpg, into the GCVC proofs folder. The folder that it renamed, was originally named Hockey proofs, and it is also still in the main Hockey folder. It just duplicated the entire folder, named it with that number, and placed it into the GCVC folder, which is volleyball. When it did this, it somehow changed the numbers inside the GCVC proofs folder, so the numbers on the proofs, no longer match the numbers on the RAW files!!

1.jpg

Here is image #3286 in the proofs file...

2.jpg

And here is image #3286 in the RAW file...totally different picture!! I've used PS for almost 20 years - I'm not doing anything different - so I don't think it's something I'm doing!!

3.jpg

The photo of the girl that is #3286 in the raw files, is not anywhere in the proofs file now, and here is the RAW file of the girl that is in photo #3286 in the proofs!

4.jpg

And this girl's proof is also in the proofs file as the correct number, even though her image shows up as the wrong number also.

5.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines