1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 12:21 PM by Liz, Typekit Support

Giving web developer access to my TypeKit ?

JThalheimer

Hello -

I'm a designer with a CC subscription.  I've chosen a TypeKit font for use on my company website - but I'm having a more experienced web design/developer handle the build.  How can I grant access to the particular TypeKit  so that 'developer guy' can design and then hand to me ?   I would, of course, be maintaining the licensing afterwards - through my CC subscription.

How does this work ?    Does it work ?

Thanks-

-Josh

[Moving from the Type & Typography forum and into the Typekit forum for some more specific help - moderator]

• 1. Re: Giving web developer access to my TypeKit ?
          Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Josh,

It isn't possible to grant another person access to your Typekit account; your subscription is only accessible by signing in with your own Adobe ID email address and password.

You can get the font requirements from the developer and set up the kit yourself, however, then send your development team the two lines of Typekit JavaScript that they will include in the website. This help page shows how to select the font you'd like to use and create your kit:

https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/using/add-fonts-website.html

The "Typekit embed code" is the JavaScript that your developer will need to add the fonts to your website.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions.

-- liz