1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2008 7:40 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flex upload problem - Help!

ac361 Level 1
      Hi. I've got a JSP page that works fine when I upload a file to it from another JSP page, using simple Browse and Submit buttons. I've deployed the Flex 3 SWF to the same folder as the JSP page and am trying to upload a file from the Flex app and keep getting this error:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2038: File I/O Error.
      at TV_Schedule()[C:\flexTest\_workspace\TV_Schedule\src\TV_Schedule.mxml:9]
      at _TV_Schedule_mx_managers_SystemManager/create()
      at mx.managers::SystemManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\fr amework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2438]
      at mx.managers::SystemManager/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::docFrameHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\proj ects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2330

On the Tomcat server's error log, it has the following,
      [Fri Aug 22 12:16:19 2008] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xxx] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Error processing request body: Multipart: final boundary missing [hostname "myhost.mydomain.org"] [uri "/myfolder/upload.jsp"]

I've read that if we put the following in an .htaccess file in the root, it will get rid of the problem,

SecFilterEngine Off
      SecFilterScanPOST Off

However, this opens us up to all kinds of attacks. I've read that the "Multipart: final boundary missing" is a known issue. Is this true? Are there documents on this? Will the next version of Flex fix this?