Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I do SDK-based multitrack editing?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to do some automated editing in the multitrack view based on the content of the tracks. For example, Audition is missing basic features like "strip silence" in the multitrack view.

Is that possible? And if so, can someone point me to sample code?

— Charles

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, is there a different place where developers get help? I get a strong sense that either this isn't it, or that Audition's SDK may not be an ongoing project. Any pointers appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't check this as regularly as it doesn't get much traffic. Our SDK isn't dead and there will be more functionality in the ExtendScript DOM in the upcoming version update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition has a number of things exposed as part of our ExtendScript SDK which can be used with the ExtendScript Toolkit or with a custom CEP Panel.

Happy to help if you have a concrete plan on what you'd like to do. You can also request Strip Silence via the Help > Send Feedback menu command. We do read all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response! I used the Send Feedback mechanism.

Happy to help if you have a concrete plan on what you'd like to do.

Great!

On a per-track basis in the Multitrack editor, I want to delete "silent" areas. This means being able to programmatically create a list of silent areas, create clips based on those areas, and then delete those silent clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We just released another update on April 18th, so I'd recommend checking that out (CC 2017.1 / 10.1.0.x). I think we've exposed more scripting things for this release, but I don't have the list handy. I don't think we've exposed a way to access the audio samples from clips directly.  I'd recommend adding a request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines