3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2017 2:59 PM by kerrishotts

com.lampa.startapp plugin is not triggering handleOpenURL() on android

subhashs95062522

Hello,

we have used plugin com.venkykowshik.startapp  in our previous apps and it has been working for us .. now we hae anew app to be relased on tuesday 19.03.2017 and phonegap has depreceated this pugin though a new plugin has been made available and work ok for iOS but for Android it works just first time and for furher tries it simply does not work .. have tried killing runtime or starting app again still no treiggering..... whne i re-install app from google play it works again for once.

looks like start vs resume events are not handled in plugin.....sometime if i clean data that helps but not on all devices....please someone @phonegap make us old plugin available or fix the issue...

i have also read about Android LaunchMode "SingleTask" then event is triggered every time but app gives a blank apge or just hanging...

this is relly urgent as we have to relase a new version of existing app soon and need this plugin to work and a new app is to be lauched this tuesday which makes situation really critical!

Any help really appreciated

Subhash

• 1. Re: com.lampa.startapp plugin is not triggering handleOpenURL() on android
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

PhoneGap can't control what goes on regarding third-party plugins, so I would suggest reaching out to the plugin developers and filing an issue with them.

• 2. Re: com.lampa.startapp plugin is not triggering handleOpenURL() on android
            subhashs95062522 Level 1

Understood but There must be a reason behind retiring existing plugins or is it j developer who does this?

what is reccomended in this case by phonegap to have smooth and consistent support for customers?

subhash

• 3. Re: com.lampa.startapp plugin is not triggering handleOpenURL() on android
              kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

npm has become the de-facto repository for hosting modules within the JavaScript ecosystem. PhoneGap Build's public repository was largely duplicating those efforts with fewer resources (both people and machines), and as such, it made sense to deprecate the existing repository (note: private plugins do still use PGB's own repository; this applies only to public plugins). This has been a common response by many tools in the JavaScript ecosystem, so not something that happened without precedent elsewhere.

PGB users were notified over a year ago, and deprecation occurred a little more than a year after that initial notice. Here are the relevant posts:

Given that plugins are now hosted on npm, whether a plugin is available on npm and whether or not it works correctly with PhoneGap Build is largely up to the plugin developer. The only plugins that PhoneGap maintains any control over are their own core plugins (e.g., phonegap-plugin-push). The core Cordova plugins are maintained by Cordova (e.g., cordova-plugin-device), but in both cases there are very few of these (about 20 or so core Cordova plugins, give or take). The vast majority of plugins are third-party, and as such, supported only by the third-party developer, which is why I suggested you file an issue with the plugin developer.

You might be able to install an older version of the plugin if the plugin developer published those to npm. Keep in mind that older versions of plugins might not work with newer versions of PhoneGap. You can see versions on npm using "npm info com.lampa.startapp versions" from the command line (which gives me [ '0.0.6', '0.0.7', '0.1.0', '0.1.1', '0.1.3', '0.1.4' ]).

Your best option for support (if an older version of the plugin doesn't work for you) is to contact the plugin developer. Their issues page is: Issues · lampaa/com.lampa.startapp · GitHub