Paul, make sure you have Adobe XD version 0.6.18.5, released on March 7. Check the About box to make sure you have this new version. If not: open the Creative Cloud app, click the gear icon, then click Check for Updates.
(See this other forum thread for more details)
Please let me know if you have that version and you're still running into the same problem.
Are you by chance on our pre-release build and this file was created with a later version of XD? If you are still having issues, you can send the file over to me and I'll see about someone diagnosing the problem with the file. email@example.com
I would like to learn more about your issue if possible:
1. You say you worked on this file for 1 week, did i get it right?
2. If yes, did you make any backups to your work?
3. Did you use only 0.6.18.5 for working on this document? Did you start working on your file using a previous version and upgraded to 0.6.18.5 in the meantime?
4. Did you close XD during your work on this file?
1. I worked on this file for 1 week.
2. I did not make a back up.
3. I may have updated the software during the week, I do not know the
version I was using but try to keep up to date on a regular basis.
4. I did not close XD while working on the file.
1 person found this helpful
Thanks for your answers, would you mind taking a look at the questions below please?
1. If you did not close XD while working on the file, you did not update XD because in that case you were forced to restart XD to apply the update.
2. Since you did not close XD and you got that error, i assume you kept the XD running, with potentially other open documents , and you open the file at which point you got the error, am i right?
3. While working on the XD file, did you save on a regular, daily basis? During those save operations, did you notice something unexpected?
4. What was the path to the saved file that gave the error? During your work, did you move the file in a different location on your storage? Did you perform a SaveAs operation instead of Save with this file?
5. I understand you are running OSX 10.11.1, can you tell us more about your hardware? I assume you do, but can you confirm you have enough space on your SSD?
6. Is this the only XD file giving errors?
7. Are you running antivirus software on your machine? If yes, can you tell us more about it and it's defined scan policies?
8. How big was the original file before becoming corrupted? Can you give us more details about the number of artboards, the number of images you were using in your design?
1. I've saved the file on my computer, later on try to save the file on a other disk. After that XD crashed and I had to restart it. My original file didn't work anymore and the file on the other disk wasn't saved at all.
2. sorry but I don't really understand this question.
3. Saved on a regular basis without any problems.
4. path didn't change .
5. there is enough space on my SSD, but if you want to know. What exactly do you want to know.
6. This is the only file that is giving this error.
8. This question is hard to answer knowing that file doesn't open anymore. But I think there were about 10 artboards or so.
Hope these questions can help you out solving my problem. Because I don't know the relevancy of these question. We're are almost 2 weeks ahead now (and it's my fault that i'm replying this late but I didn't get any e-mail or so) but what's important for me is.
Is there any chance that you guys can save/restore my file?
Thanks for everything so far!
All the information you provided helped us into validating our hypothesis about the cause of the failure. This is something we already fixed and will be available in the next XD version. We believe the next update of XD will not allow you and other XD customers to reach this undesired situation.
Unfortunately, we cannot restore the file to its original content.