• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo upload failed, but no error string was returned from Facebook

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I regularly upload photos and videos to Facebook for work and I usually use the Facebook plugin. Since the update last Thursday (03/16/2017) I can no longer upload. Any attempt results in Lightroom giving the publishing dialogue and holding with no progress for about 30 seconds, then showing the error Photo upload failed, but no error string was returned from Facebook.

I found some mention of this error online from years ago so I tried some of the solutions. So far I have tried:

• Re authenticating the Facebook plugin
  • Removing and re installing the Facebook plugin
  • Re installing Lightroom
  • Removing and re adding the Lightroom app in Facebook
  • Re installing Flash
  • Re installing my browser
  • Flushing the DNS

And I'm out of ideas. At the time of this writing I am three days behind on my Facebook uploads. Strangely enough, when I export the photos to my hard drive and upload with the browser based Facebook image uploader, those also fail. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge all load Facebook fine but cannot upload the photos I exported from Lightroom.

Does anyone else currently have a problem with the Facebook plugin or have suggestions to fix my problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

You might try this third-party Facebook plugin:Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Export to Facebook” Lightroom Plugin . The author's plugins have an excellent reputation and are generally better maintained than Adobe's.  They can be a little more complicated to configure, though, because they offer more features.

Strangely enough, when I export the photos to my hard drive and upload with the browser based Facebook image uploader, those also fail.

That's curious.  Perhaps you could upload an examp

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try this third-party Facebook plugin:Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Export to Facebook” Lightroom Plugin . The author's plugins have an excellent reputation and are generally better maintained than Adobe's.  They can be a little more complicated to configure, though, because they offer more features.

Strangely enough, when I export the photos to my hard drive and upload with the browser based Facebook image uploader, those also fail.

That's curious.  Perhaps you could upload an example photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, and we can take a look at what might be going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines