• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not save because the file is locked ..." error in photoshop CC

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an intermittent problem on a brand new install of Photoshop CC on a windows 10 computer. I am working from a file that is stored locally in a folder that I sync using Google Drive.  Has anyone seen this problem happen before, and if so, do you have any suggestions for workarounds or ways to not have this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Please check:

- is the file opened in some other application? Maybe the fact that you sync is giving problems because in Photoshop it seems the file is in use by another application, this can explain if the problem is intermittent, when Drive is syncronizing, Photoshop cannot save;

- did you check if the file is locked? Get on the file, right clic with the mouse, choose from the drop down menu Proprieties and check if the file is "read only".

Sometimes I had this kind of error with my students in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check:

- is the file opened in some other application? Maybe the fact that you sync is giving problems because in Photoshop it seems the file is in use by another application, this can explain if the problem is intermittent, when Drive is syncronizing, Photoshop cannot save;

- did you check if the file is locked? Get on the file, right clic with the mouse, choose from the drop down menu Proprieties and check if the file is "read only".

Sometimes I had this kind of error with my students in the class. I fixed it making a new document with same size of the original, copying all the layers in the new one and saving it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, these steps presented do not work when everything is already unlocked, no program using the same file, nothing. From a closed and unattached file, I receive the same message and from other postings I've tried, nothing is working. Even in the Library, the Adobe file doesn't exist.

Hopefully, Adobe will get a fix to this issue and update everyone with a new patch to correct this issue. It is THEIR program with the issue, not users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the 'sync' from my cloud ... it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! This worked. Thanks a million, this bug was driving me crazy and messing my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this answer is only mentions what to check assuming photoshop is working correctly with the filesystem and does not address an ongoing but issue with photoshop.  Does anyone have an idea of why windows photoshop cc has this issue and no other programs do?  This only happens to me when working with a file on a network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines