• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About the Adobe Extension SDK...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add extensions to premiere pro.

However, I run the sample code ppropanel index.html, and I get the following error. (in CSInterface.js)

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getHostEnvironment' of undefined at CSInterface.js:480

This happens when I run it directly in the browser, or when I create and deploy the zxp file.

What should I do? I need help.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Suite forum to SDK forum... Mod]

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

This happens when I run it directly in the browser, or when I create and deploy the zxp file.

The __adobe_cep__ object is exclusive to Adobe's panels and is attached to window in a CEP environment. This means that you need to run the index.html file in Premiere (or After Effects). Premiere uses what is a Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) - which basically means that Premiere's panels are custom "browsers". This custom browser has the __adobe_cep__ object attached to "window" and many other freak

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The __adobe_cep__ object is exclusive to Adobe's panels and is attached to window in a CEP environment. This means that you need to run the index.html file in Premiere (or After Effects). Premiere uses what is a Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) - which basically means that Premiere's panels are custom "browsers". This custom browser has the __adobe_cep__ object attached to "window" and many other freakin awesome features that standard browsers don´t have - like node.js. So if you open the index.html in a standard browser, there won´t be an __adobe_cep__ object. If your code or panel should run outside of Premiere too, I'd recommend to check for the existence of __adobe_cep__.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines