3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 12:55 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Adobe Draw to png

Richardspj1 Level 1

I have Adobe Draw and I want to take a drawing without the background and save it as a png file.  I can't figure out how to do this after many frustrating hours of effort.  I have adobe photoshop elements on my laptop and ultimately I'm trying to upload the image to spoonflower.com to be printed on fabric.  removing the background layer by magic wano is trashing my drawing.   I hope this is making sense and someone can help me.

Thanks,

Jodi

• 1. Re: Adobe Draw to png
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Jodi.

What version of Draw are you using? In the most recent version if you double tap the Background Layer (it will have an eye icon with slash through it and the there will be a checkerboard pattern on the layer), the drawing should save with a transparent background.

Let me know how that goes for you.

Sue

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Draw to png
            Richardspj1 Level 1

Yep I have that, but I can't seem to get it into photoshop elements on my laptop from my tablet so I can upload the artwork as a jpg to spoonflower.   Can thoughts?

Jodi

• 3. Re: Adobe Draw to png
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Jodi,

I don't know anything at all about Photoshop Elements but you can save your Draw art to your laptop by logging in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and clicking on the drawing you want to save. Once the drawing is open choose the Actions dropdown menu on the right and choose Export. From there you'll be able to save the art as a .png or .jpg.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful