• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to PDF with InDesign on Mac - Helvetica won't show bullets or en dashes

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign file that I'm trying to export to PDF.  Everything looks great in InDesign, but when I export to PDF none of the bullets or en dashes show up in the PDF. 

I'm using Helvetica for the font; the problem does not seem to occur if I change the font.  Helvetica is installed in /System/Library/Fonts, and printing to PDF from other applications works fine with Helvetica as the font. 

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helvetica is a Mac dfont system font. Have you considered using Helvetica Neue instead?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you placed file word with automatic bulleted lists?

For automatic bulleted lists Word use a different font (symbol for example) and this could create problems in indesign.

You could place file word in indesign by converting bulleted lists in text and then with find-change you could replace missing glyph.

Or in Word you could replace the font used for automatic lists

Or create new bulleted lists in indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines