Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

De-haze [Will Dehaze work on JPGs as well as Raw?]

Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the de-haze feature work on JPEG files as well or just if you are shooting in RAW?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Saraj25892596,

De-haze will function with a JPEG however you will get a more noticeable loss of information which can translate in color shifts that can cause banding, and loss of tonal information. I have used it for some of the images that I take with my mobile phone ( iphone7+) and find if I'm gentle with the slider its not too noticeable.  RAW will give you much better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saraj25892596,

De-haze will function with a JPEG however you will get a more noticeable loss of information which can translate in color shifts that can cause banding, and loss of tonal information. I have used it for some of the images that I take with my mobile phone ( iphone7+) and find if I'm gentle with the slider its not too noticeable.  RAW will give you much better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I plan to get a different camera and start shooting in raw soon but for now I have some JPEG photos I want to try to fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you,  I will follow your advice and be gentle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the dehaze filter will work with JPEG images as well as raw images.  But as with any adjustment on a JPEG image, you need to be more conservative with the adjustments because the JPEG image won't tolerate  as much as a raw image will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines