2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2008 10:56 AM by maniac9999

Synonyms / indexing feature in RH 7

maniac9999 Level 1
      I read something about a synonyms feature in RH 7, so I decided to check it out. When I searched in RoboHelp's (RH 7) help system, I found a topic with a procedure, but it's wrong. The "Look up synonyms for indexing" topic describes a "Suggested Index Keywords for" in step #3, but it isn't there in RH 7.02. It also states that the synonyms are displayed in Word - seems kind of odd in an HTML authoring tool.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Synonyms / indexing feature in RH 7
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Jim

While I can't speak for how things may behave in Printed Documentation from RoboHelp, I am left wondering if you managed to discover where you insert the synonyms?

In case you are still looking, you click File > Project Settings > Advanced > Synonyms

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Synonyms / indexing feature in RH 7
            maniac9999 Level 1
            Thanks Rick! That looks like what I need.

It wasn't clear from the topic that it would apply to printed documentation only. The impression I got was that synonyms were something you edited/created as you were creating the project, after you added some content.

The breadcumbs at the top of the topic I found were Home > Indexes > Automatic indexing > Customizing keyword searches > Look up synonyms for indexing. Now I'm wondering why RoboHelp's help didn't point me to Project Settings in the first place (Advanced localization settings - Synonyms tab)? Oh well.

Thanks again,