1. How do I find out the size of my total library?
- I have 2 external hard drives, 1 is my new EX HD, the other is an EX HD that couldn't be read. Both are Seagate Hard Drives. I payed $700 to have my corrupt hard drive recovered and now have to move the images from the one hard drive to the new one.
(Apparently if you update your Mac and not your Lightroom, you can have issues like this! I cannot be the only one who has had a problem with this!)
- I want to see what was uncover-able. I am aware I may have lost images.
How do I view how many images on both my Lightroom catalogue/library and the external hard drive so that I can see how many are missing
2. My collections are not showing up
-Metatags and data are still there
-How do I find all of the images that where in those lost collections? How do I get those collections back?
3. When I go to import a folder, for example my 2012 folder which has 180 photos in it, the import acts like its going to load those images but then quickly decreases to 0 and won't recognize that those images are there. But when you go into my hard drive from finder those images are all in the hard drive and will open with preview. So why won't they import into Lightroom? All images are JPEG format.
4. How do I compare the size of how many photos are in the 2015/2016 folders in the one hard drive to the 2015/2016 folders in the other drive in Lightroom?
5. I need help in understanding how to restore the Lightroom library with the new drive
External hard drives fail unfortunately, which is why you need to have a backup strategy or use some sort of RAID solution to store images. It is not a question whether a hard drive will fail but when it will. This has nothing to do with OS updates or Lightroom updates, just the fact that hardware is not fool proof.
Anyway, since you have your images back (and presumably still have the catalog file on your internal hard drive), you need to relink the folders in your Lightroom catalog with their new location on the new external hard disk. Lightroom won't import the images because they are already in your catalog. You basically follow the instructions here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/move-photos-another-hard-drive-leaving-catalo g/ from step 4 which is after the images were moved to another hard disk.